Fanboy Collectibles is pleased to offer you access to this web site and the services and products offered on this web site upon the following Terms and Conditions. By using Fanboy Collectibles, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Fanboy Collectibles may, in its sole discretion, modify these Terms and Conditions without notice to you. Therefore, please continue to review these Terms and Conditions when using Fanboy Collectibles. By continuing to access and use this web site after the Terms and Conditions have been modified, you are agreeing to such modifications.
1. Registration and Account Creation: Registration on Fanboy Collectibles is required to make an online purchase, although users can register at any time. As part of the registration processes and as part of the account creation process, you will select a password and provide Fanboy Collectibles with certain registration information. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s) and for all usage or activity on your account, including the use of your account by any person using your password(s).
2. Billing: You may pay for your products purchased on Fanboy Collectibles in one of two methods: a valid credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover or PayPal.
If you elect to submit an order electronically, you must provide valid credit card information on Fanboy Collectibles order form. By submitting such credit card information, you give Fanboy Collectibles permission to charge all purchases made through your account to the credit card you designate on the order form. All credit cards will require the name of the card holder, the credit card number, the 3-digit security code and the billing address associated with the credit card. A 'declined' status means there was a problem with the credit card information you supplied. These problems could include: incorrect expiration date, lack of available credit, or incorrect security code (from the back of your card).
All credit card purchases must pass our credit card processor's fraud filter. Your billing address must match the authorized address connected to your credit card. Purchases originating from a credit card that is registered in one country and shipping to a different country will be declined.
Payments made through PayPal require a PayPal verified or confirmed shipping and billing address.
We do not store or receive our customer's credit card or PayPal information. When you use your credit card or PayPal to purchase from us, your encrypted information goes to our credit card processor (or through PayPal) and they approve (or decline) the sale. We are then your order with the type of card you used, the amount spent, item purchased, billing & shipping address, etc. At no point do we receive your credit card or PayPal information, so for your protection it can't be stolen or hacked from our website.
3. Product Sales Terms and Conditions:
a. Shipping and Handling: A shipping and handling charge is applied to each product purchased. You agree to pay for any shipping and handling charges, as well as any and all applicable local and/or state taxes which are required to be collected by law in connection with the purchase of any products by you or a third party using your account. In addition, users who require that orders be shipped to international addresses will be responsible for paying any VAT and other taxes, tariffs, import or export duties, and other similar fees imposed on such orders.
We declare the full purchase price on all customs declarations. If you deny the delivery of a package due to customs fees, please understand that you will be responsible for all shipping fees, both to and from your location.
Boxes are shipped using Dimensional Weight (DIM) to calculate the shipping weight and not the package’s actual weight. Dimensional weight reflects package density, which is the amount of space a package occupies in relation to its actual weight. Determine the package dimensions in inches. For each dimension, measure at the longest point, rounding each measurement to the nearest whole number. Multiply the package length (longest side of the package) by the width by the height. The result is the cubic size in inches. Divide the cubic size in inches by the divisor of 139 to calculate the dimensional weight in pounds. Increase any fraction to the next whole pound.
Fanboy Collectibles cannot and does not control the shipping costs. These prices are set in stone by UPS and the US Postal service. Shipping costs are automatically generated from these companies based on the weight and/or size of the shipping box for your order, ship-to location and shipping method.
All packages are insured for the purchase price of the item(s). Upon the generation of your shipping label, you will receive an e-mail with your package’s tracking information, along with your paid invoice.
Once your package has shipped from our store, we are not able to answer questions related to why your package not yet arrived. We only have access to the same tracking information that you do. Please contact the shipping company and provide them with your tracking number. If your order has already shipped, Fanboy Collectibles will not be responsible for an incorrect shipping address. Address changes cannot be made mid-transit.
b. Damaged or Defective Items: If an item has a manufacturer defect, please contact us within five (5) days of receiving the item. (We may require digital photos of the defect.)
We are Authorized Dealers of all the products we carry, and in the event of a manufacturer defect we will work directly with the manufacturer, on your behalf, to determine the best course of action. If we determine that damage is due to manufacturer defect we may obtain a replacement for all or part of your order at our expense, including shipping. In some cases repair and partial refund may be an option. If we require the damaged or defective item(s) to be returned we will send you a shipping label to return the item from addresses within the United States. International customers will need to ship the item to us via Airmail (NOT Express) and we will refund the cost of shipping. International customers must return the damaged merchandise to us before any refunds or credit will be given for the product
In the event that we cannot replace your item we will refund the entire amount of your order including shipping and handling. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
Fanboy Collectibles is not responsible for damage during shipping and all damaged items will require an insurance claim. These claims are filed with UPS or USPS and can take up to 60 days, so please be patient.
Do not attempt to fix the item without first contacting us. If you attempt to repair an item all warranties are voided and we will not accept returns or give partial refunds. We are not able to accept returns on any item(s) that have been disassembled or modified in any way.
c. Returned Packages: If the shipping carrier is unable to deliver your package, or the package is refused and returned to us, we will attempt to contact you to determine the reason why the package was returned. If the package is refused or returned due to an error in the provided shipping address or due to not paying any required fees or taxes, the customer will be responsible for all shipping/handling costs plus any costs incurred to retrieve the item, including shipping and customs duties.
d. Product Packaging: Packaging is not guaranteed to be mint; however we will always strive to package your order as carefully and accurately as possible. Manufacturers and distributors often ship items that arrive with a squished corner or dent to the box/packaging. The item you are purchasing will be un-damaged; however the condition of the box it is in may not be perfect. Damage to an item's packaging does not constitute a damaged item.
All items come in original manufacturers packaging unless otherwise stated. Original boxes may come with dings, dents, etc. Since all sales are fulfilled from either our retail store or warehouse, boxes may come with pricing labels and/or masking tape listing a character name (which is used for inventory purposes). We will not ship an item with severe package damage. However, if you are concerned with the condition of the packaging for any item we are selling, please contact us prior to purchasing to find out the exact condition of the packaging. We do not and cannot guarantee C10 mint packaging for the items we sell.
e. Factory Sealed: Upon arrival, some items may be opened and inspected for damage (including breakages, chips, cracks, paint errors and in some cases inspection of light-up features). Some items need to be checked when they arrive as if there is an issue we have a limited time frame to when we can contact the manufacturer about receiving a replacement piece. There is no such thing as knowing an item is in mint condition if it is factory sealed, as without opening it to check, you can never know the condition of the item inside.
All items are then resealed back in their original packaging and where applicable, their original brown cardboard shippers.
f. Edition Number: Due the volume of products that we ship out daily and the number of walk- in customers that will choose items directly from our inventory, it is not possible for us to be able to guarantee specific numbers for any particular item. Orders are filled with the lowest edition number available when your item is shipped.
4. Order Cancellation: You may cancel at any time up until an item ships. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us Form to make these changes. Please include your Order Number and the item(s) you wish to cancel in your e-mail. A 15% restocking/cancellation fee will be charged on all cancellations for in stock items.
5. Pre-Orders: Fanboy Collectibles requires a 10% Non-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposit on all preorders. Pre-Orders will show up in our regular inventory screen and the item will include the word "Pre-Order" in the title. The description of the item will show the item’s total selling price. The pre-order price listed next to the shopping cart will be a percentage of the item's total cost.
Shipping will not be calculated at this time, as the products shipping box weight and dimensions cannot be confirmed until the product has arrived at our facility. Fanboy Collectibles will contact you once the item comes in stock and you will be responsible for paying the 90% balance of that preordered item. Your pre-order deposit represents a contract with Fanboy Collectibles to purchase this item.
Release dates are provided to us by the manufacturer months in advance of the products estimated release. As such, release dates shown on our website are not a guarantee of the date that the product will be released, but should be considered an estimate. Many factors; including manufacturing delays, distributor importing delays and licensing approval may add months onto the originally communicated estimated release date. We will try our best to update our site with the most current information available to us. Placing an order for a pre-order item on our website indicates that you understand and agree-to the fact that product estimated release date delays may occur and that these delays are not grounds for order cancellation.
In some cases, a manufacturer will cancel an item which Fanboy Collectibles has available for pre-order. If this is the case, Fanboy Collectibles will refund you the 10% amount of that pre- order. If an item is allocated and Fanboy Collectibles does not receive the amount ordered for that pre-order, we will refund you the full deposit amount paid for that pre-order.
When a pre-order item comes in stock, we will notify you regarding the item(s) arrival and your balance due including applicable shipping charges. We will send out a total of three (3) separate email notifications. If the payment on the item is not completed after the three (3) email notifications sent or within a seven (7) day time frame (whichever comes first) of that item(s) arrival in stock, we will cancel the pre-order and you will forfeit your deposit(s). Deposits cannot be transferred to another item. All in stock pre-orders are expected to be paid within seven (7) days time of that item(s) arrival. No exceptions.
We reserve the right to cancel/close the account and refuse business of any customer with excessive cancellations or non-payments for pre-order items.
Product pictures and descriptions are provided to us by the manufacturers prior to a products release based on the manufacturer's initial prototypes. As such, the final product may vary from the original product pictures and description shown on our website. Manufacturers may also make changes to a product over time and may not notify us of these revisions. We do not guarantee that our pictures and descriptions will exactly match the final product that you receive, but instead they should be considered as an approximate representation of the product.If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact us at email@example.com or use the Contact Us Form.
6. Typographical Errors: In the event that a product advertised by Fanboy Collectibles mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, Fanboy Collectibles reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Fanboy Collectibles reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card or PayPal account charged. If your credit card or PayPal account has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Fanboy Collectibles shall issue a credit to your credit card or PayPal account in the amount of the incorrect price.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability: The site is provided by Fanboy Collectibles on an "as is" basis. Fanboy Collectibles makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content, materials or products included or offered on the site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Fanboy Collectibles disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Under no circumstances shall Fanboy Collectibles be liable for indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages (even if such damages are foreseeable or Fanboy Collectibles has been advised or has constructive knowledge of the possibility of such damages). In no event shall Fanboy Collectibles be liable for damages in excess of the greater of the amount paid by you in the twelve (12) month period preceding your claim or $250.
8. Linking: For your convenience, Fanboy Collectibles hyperlinks to other web sites. These other web sites are not under the control of Fanboy Collectibles, and Fanboy Collectibles is not liable or responsible for any content or other information found or used at such web sites.
9. Restrictions on Use: You may not use Fanboy Collectibles or its content for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions. Fanboy Collectibles reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any user for noncompliance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. Access outside the United States: Fanboy Collectibles does not represent the materials and content on or offered through the Site are appropriate or available for use in countries outside the United States. If you choose to use Fanboy Collectibles from outside the United States, you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws of the jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Site.
11. Severability: If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found invalid or unenforceable, the provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in force.
12. Entire Agreement: These Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions of service on Fanboy Collectibles constitute the entire agreement between you and Fanboy Collectibles and govern your use of the Site.
13. Choice of Law and Forum: These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut. Any dispute arising from the terms of this agreement or breach of this agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut and you agree to personal jurisdiction by the state and federal courts sitting in Connecticut. The parties hereby expressly waive trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim brought by either of the parties against the other on any matters whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms and Conditions.